Friday, October 3, 2008

St. Lukes Women's Fitness Challange 5k -Sept 20th

I did it! For someone who has never been a runner their entire life and always thought it was cool, this was a huge achievement for me. As with all goals there were lots of things that tried to make me back out. The week before the race our treadmill needed a part replaced and was therefore not available. If the race was in the Summer when it was still light in the morning this wouldn't be a problem seeing as that I could sneak out and run before the kiddos woke up and the hubby had to leave for work. I had to stop doing that because it got too gosh darn dark and I didn't feel comfortable running with cars that couldn't see me! The week of the race my darling baby decided that she wanted to wake up 3-5 times a night, most nights. This usually isn't a huge problem either but it seems that you need some good solid rest if you want to run without hurting yourself. And lastly bomb #3 Thursday before the race I'm informed that I have three weeks to organize, pack, and move my entire family back to SLC because hubbies job can no longer support an office here in Boise. Akkkkk! I lost all ability to sleep for an entire week after that - I couldn't stop organizing and planning things in my head.

Anywho - the race morning was a total downpour. We had no rain all summer and it really dumped on us. I was really happy to have brought a light jacket, it was really chilly! By the end of the race the jacket was so water logged it weighed a ton. I met my three goals - finish the race under my own power, run the whole distance, and not to lose my breakfast anywhere along the way! Enough with the small talk here are some pics.Pleasant conditions of the race - NOT!


Me, running towards the finish line


Check out how many people came!

This was an awesome experiance and if I was living in Boise next year, I'd do it again!

3 comments:

  1. You are so in shape! I love the picture of you running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I did this race years ago when the just started it up. I was a freshman at BSU. If I still lived there I'd do it again too.

    ReplyDelete