Thursday, February 21, 2008

Night #3

ToVah hit the nail on the head - much to our surprize and delight there was no puke fest on night three. We followed the usual nighttime routine and he was so mellowed out that he actually peed on me when we changed him - something that hasen't happened for a VERY long time. He fought to go into the crib but I still kissed him goodnight amidst his protests and left. I braced myself for what could be another long night. By the time I got to the bottom of the stairs the crying had stopped and I could hear alot of "getting comfy" noise over the monitor. He didn't wake up till around 12:30. After a quick cuddle back in the crib he went. When he didn't want to lie down I reminded him that mommy needs to sleep in her bed also. He immediatly pushed me away and gave me his special car. It was like he was saying "go to bed mommy, you can use my car tonight." I left and could hear him flop back down as I was closing the door. He slept till 6:15 and woke up happy. Huzzah!

He refused to take his nap today. I'm refusing to get bummed about it and hoping that when everything levels out that the naps will return. I also refuse to let him give up his nap yet - I really need that recharge time!

By the way - is everyone's spell checker not working or is it just mine?

Also, my default blogger is now coming in only in German until I sign in. I don't speak German. Does anyone know how to fix that?

5 comments:

  1. That's funny about your blog. I don't speak German either, but I see your blog in English. My spell check is working fine, and just to help you out, surprise is with an "S" not a "Z." I'm sooooo excited for your good night's sleep! Congratulations! I would die if Cam didn't nap. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you had a good night. That gives me hope for when we have to make the dreaded transition into the crib. (I don't have your determination as of yet.)Way to go!

    P.S. I had trouble with the spell checker a couple days ago too...no German, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much better we feel as moms when our kids are sleeping like they should. Way to go! It can be tough when they start messing with your sleep cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My spell check hasn't been working for weeks! When you get to your dashboard page I think there is a thing (going from memory here- we had the same problem) where you can select your default language. good luck!
    My William is wretched sleeper. I'm so happy that Tim is improving. Do you think he might be having some molars coming in? Teeth always through us a week or so through the ringer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My spell checker hasn't worked for days. Thought it was just me.

    My sympathies with Timmy. I have never had a kid cry so hard they puked. Hang in there Mommy! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete